As Howie pointed out in his Banana Oat Fitness Cookies, baking isn’t his thing. And desserts aren’t really mine. We’re manly men (cue Robin Hood singing) after all 😉
That being said, there’s a time and a place for everything. Recently the sun was shining (don’t worry, it’s gone again now; this is northern Germany) but it gave me that ‘summer’ feeling all the same.
I fancied an ice cream but didn’t have any – so I did the next best thing – I made my very own Pineapple and Mint Sorbet. From only two ingredients! Pineapple and mint leaves. That’s it. Couldn’t be much simpler.
All you need to do is throw the pineapple into the freezer for a couple of hours first, take it out, add the mint leaves and mash it up!
The blender even does the hard work for you. It’s sweet, tropical, summery and very refreshing.
And as desserts go – how bad can pineapple and mint really be?
Health Benefits – 2 Ingredient Pineapple Sorbet
Those cool sounding, but nasty little bastards – free radicals – are always out to harm your body.
Vitamin C is their natural enemy and 100% of your RDA is found in this dessert. Vitamin C also helps with healthy bones, teeth, gums and blood vessels (Harvard).
The pineapple also contains manganese, which is used with many enzymes in energy production and antioxidant defences (WHFoods).
Take a breath: pineapple is also high in…Vitamin A, B6, magnesium, potassium, iron, dietary fibre, calcium and low in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol. What a fruit!
Pineapple Sorbet With Mint (5 Min, Vegan)
- 1 can pineapple chunks (1 can = 20oz in juice, or ½ real pineapple)
- 1 cup mint, fresh
- Drain the tin or chop up the real pineapple and put in bowl in freezer (it should take around 2 hours to freeze). Save a few chunks or a ring for garnish.
- When it’s frozen use a hand blender or food processor to blend, along with mint (also keep a few mint leaves aside).
- If you're using fresh pineapple then I suggest blending first and freezing after, it seems to work better.
- When nicely mixed, place in bowls and garnish each with the remaining chunks and leaves.
- Serve immediately or put back in freezer until needed.
Miss anything? Get it on
Disclosure of Material Connection: The products above are linking to Amazon as “affiliate links” because we're affiliates! When you click on a product, it'll take you to its Amazon page where the price stays the same for you and Amazon pays us a small percentage. This helps us continue to provide quality recipes and pay for operating costs.