Add to Collection
Go to Collections
These veggie lentil tacos are our new go-to meal. SO TASTY and stacked with lentil protein and fiber, it’s time to take dinner up to the next level.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 tacos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 taco shells (store-bought or self-made)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup brown lentils, cooked (1 cup = 1 can 400g/14oz wet weight) (alternatively cook 100g dried lentils in veggie broth according to packet instructions)
- 6 tbsp salsa (store-bought or self-made)
- 2 tbsp fajita/burrito seasoning (store-bought or self-made)
- 1 ½ cups mixed salad
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (obviously not vegan)
Dice the onions and garlic.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Cook on medium heat until soft.
Add the garlic and drained lentils and stir well.
Next, add the fajita seasoning and the water. Keep stirring it well.
In the meantime, put the taco shells or wraps in the oven. They’ll just need 2-3 minutes to cook, but check packet instructions.
Wash the salad and tomatoes, then slice the tomatoes.
Cook the lentils until the water has evaporated – this won’t take long.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1.7mg