Add to Collection
Go to Collections
21 Vegetarian Recipes for Students – cheap, healthy and easy!
cheap, healthy, easy, vegetarian or vegan
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 5 oz pasta
- 1 small salad mix (lettuce, red cabbage, purple kale, carrot all go great)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey if that's fine with you)
- 2 tbsp vinegar (malt or white are fine)
- ½ thumb ginger, fresh (chopped or grated, dried is fine too)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped, dried is fine too)
- 1 small dash water
- 1 small handful peanuts (roasted)
- a few sprigs cilantro/coriander, fresh (for garnish)
- 1 lime (for garnish)
Get the pasta cooking away.
Rinse, then chop or rip the salad, peel and grate the carrots and chuck in large bowl.
Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and vinegar together well in a small bowl.
Add the ginger and garlic.
Add a spot of water to thin the sauce (just a little!) and stir well.
Roughly chop the peanuts. Then roast them on medium heat until lightly brown. No oil necessary!
Drain the pasta and throw in with salad.
Add the sauce, mix up and voilà! Serve with lime and coriander/cilantro.
Try out different salad combos - and remove the pasta for a lower calorie version!
Recipe adapted from Cookie and Kate. Thanks Kate :-)
Serving: 359g | Calories: 660kcal | Carbohydrates: 104g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Sodium: 686mg | Potassium: 485mg | Fiber: 15.4g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 4500IU | Vitamin C: 29.7mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 7.7mg