Add to Collection
Go to Collections
30 High Protein Vegetarian Recipes - Jaw-dropping Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Ideas
Chickpea Wraps – these firm faves are really easy to make, super tasty and oh-so satisfying. We’ll even show you how to roll them properly!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 can chickpeas (1 can = ca. 14oz/400g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked paprika if you have it)
- 4 small tomato
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tbsp vinegar (malt or red wine vinegar is best)
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon (juiced = 1.5 tbsp)
- ½ cup creme fraiche (½ cup = ca. 100g) (use soy yogurt to keep it vegan)
- 3-4 tsp sriracha (or harissa or sambal oelek (use less if you don’t like it spicy, or even none at all)
- 4 wraps (like corn tortillas)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp basil, fresh (or coriander, chopped)
Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F and line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper.
Drain the chickpeas and add to a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and paprika and stir well.
Put into baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes in the oven. Give the chickpeas a quick toss halfway through.
In the meantime slice the red onion finely and wash and dice the tomatoes. Put in a small bowl with the vinegar and let soak.
Scoop the avocado flesh out and put a serving bowl. Mash with a fork and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Mix the cream fraiche with the spicy sauce, also in a serving bowl.
Heat up the tortillas in a pan or microwave, according to packet instructions.
By now the chickpeas should be ready, too. Re-add to mixing bowl.
Lay everything out, and create your wraps! We like to spread avocado on one half and cream fraiche on the other. Line the other ingredients up down the middle, and fold. Bottom first, then sides. Done!
Enjoy your chickpea wraps!
Calories: 880kcal | Carbohydrates: 119g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1668mg | Potassium: 1435mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1850IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 8mg