Add to Collection
Go to Collections
How to Pack a Salad in a Jar
This is the Definitive Guide to Salads in a Jar! Awesome dressings, info on shelf life of produce and everything else you need to know to get it just right.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 jars
- Clean jars with lid (around 24oz/ 700ml)
- Layer 1: your favourite dressing
- Layer 2: tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, asparagus, celery, peppers, carrots
- Layer 3: mushrooms, zucchini, beans, lentils, peas, corn, broccoli
- Layer 4: boiled eggs and cheese (feta, gouda, cheddar etc.)
- Layer 5: rice, pasta, quinoa or couscous
- Layer 6: nuts and greens as lettuce, spinach or arugula.
Get all the ingredients ready, meaning cut, peel, wash the veggies/fruits. Boil the pasta, quinoa or rice.
Prepare the dressing(s)
Once everything is laid out chuck all the ingredients according to the layers into the jars. Then lid on top and off they go into the fridge. As easy as that.
You’ll be a meal prepping master in no time! :-)
Serving: 350g | Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 17g