Greek Pitas (Summer-Loving)
Servings: 2 (4 pitas in total)
Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- ½ red onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3.5 oz low fat feta cheese (use regular if you prefer)
- 4 pitas (we like wholegrain)
- 1 handful spinach
- 4 tbsp hummus (to spread)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 1 tbsp oregano, fresh (1 tbsp = 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (dried cayenne also goes really well)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (balsamic vinegar or any you have is also great!)
In a seperate bowl:
Squeeze in the lemon, olive oil and vinegar.
Add the oregano, pepper and salt.
Mix well and pour over salad. Give it a toss ;)
Toast the pitas, spread the hummus inside, and fill.
Calories: 569kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 1087mg | Potassium: 739mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2182IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 7mg