Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Delicious Fake Lo Mein
Delicious Fake Lo Mein. You’ll find all ingredients in a regular supermarket. Just as delicious as the original and ready in only 20 minutes.
Servings 2 servings
- 7 oz pasta (wholegrain would be best)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful mushrooms (1 handful = 1 cup, sliced)
- ½ bell pepper, red
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 3 tbsp white wine (3 tbsp white wine = 1 tbsp white wine vinegar)
- 1 handful peas
- 1 handful leafy greens (eg. spinach)
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or honey, if that's ok for you)
- 1 thumb ginger, fresh (ginger powder is fine too)
- 2 tsp Sriracha (or similar hot sauce)
Cook the pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Finely dice the garlic, slice mushrooms and bell pepper. Slice carrot into sticks
Get a large pan or wok, and heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrot. Stir frequently until tender (3-4 minutes).
Then hit it with the white wine. Afterwards add the peas and leafy greens. Let it simmer and take care of the sauce.
Get a bowl, add soy sauce and maple syrup, minced ginger and sriracha. Whisk together and set aside.
When ready, stir it in the pasta and soy sauce mixture. Toss to combine.
Taste test and see, if it needs more soy sauce!
Ready to serve, enjoy!
Serving: 308g | Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1673mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 6254IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 4mg