Pineapple Cottage Breakfast Burrito
Servings: 2 people
- 2 wraps ( we recommend wholegrain when possible)
- 2 handfuls spinach (roughly torn)
- 5 oz low fat cottage cheese (5oz = 160g)(feel free to use regular cottage cheese if you prefer)
- 5 oz pineapple rings (5oz = 160g)(tinned or fresh)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 handful peas (frozen is fine)
- 5 leaves mint, fresh (chopped)
- black pepper
Put the peas in a bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to stand for a few minutes and drain.
Chop the mint leaves.
Now, add the avocado flesh in with the peas, mint, salt, black pepper and mash it all together.
Fold the tortilla wraps in half and pop into a toaster til just starting to brown on the outside – they’ll go a bit crisp but the inside is still soft. You can also give them a quick fry in a pan (no oil) or a quick blast in a microwave.
Unfold the tortillas onto a plate, spread half the avocado mix and half the cottage cheese on one side, top with the spinach and pineapple and fold back over.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 806mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3033IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 3mg