20 Best Vegetarian Stir Fry Recipes
Servings: 2 people
Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the stir-fry
- 2 tbsp peanut oil (sunflower oil will do too.)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and diced)
- 1 piece ginger, fresh (thumb sized, peeled and grated)
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 2-3 cups vegetables, fresh or frozen (choose your favourite: broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, etc.)
- 1 big handful snow peas (or sugar snap peas)
- 6-8 baby corns
- 4.5 oz noodles (I love glass noodles as they’re really quick to cook and taste great!)
- 1 handful peanuts
Get all ingredients ready and in one place. Thaw the frozen veggies (with a microwave or by taking them out of the freezer early enough).
Chopping time: chop the snow peas, baby corn and onion. Dice the garlic and ginger.
For the sauce: grab a large bowl and chuck in the peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, water, syrup. Mix well with a spoon ‘til it’s a nice and creamy sauce. Optionally, throw in the lemon grass.
Cook the noodles so you have them at hand when the stir-fry comes together. When ready, drain and rinse under cold water (they’ll stick together less).
Now you’re ready to wok and roll:
In a wok or large pan heat the oil until it starts smoking.
Add the garlic, ginger, onion, sugar snaps and baby corn
Around 40 seconds later add the thawed veggies. (If you just use fresh veg, throw in everything at once).
Stir it well for about 4-5 minutes.
Reduce the heat a little and add the sauce and noodles. It’ll quickly begin to boil.
Make sure it’s all nice and creamy. Add a little more water, if not!
Add some peanuts
Let it simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
Fish out the lemon grass before serving (it’s only for the flavour, not for eating!!)
Serving: 422g | Calories: 695kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1214mg | Potassium: 632mg | Fiber: 14.2g | Sugar: 24.9g | Vitamin A: 7850IU | Vitamin C: 51.2mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 6.1mg