The Ultimate Avocado Sandwich
- 2 slices bread (whole wheat)
- 3 slices Brie cheese (3 = about 30g, you can use any cheese you want here really, just check that it uses vegetarian rennet. Low-fat cheese is also awesome)
- ½ avocado (the other half can be used a smoothie or guacamole)
- 4-6 cranberries, dried (6 cranberries = 10g)
- ½ small tomato (the other half could also be used in guacamole)
- 1 small handful arugula/rocket (1 small handful = 10 g)
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
If you prefer your bread toasted, toast it.
While that’s happening, cut the avocado flesh into slices (check this video if you’re not sure how to do it)
Slice up the tomato and brie too.
Wash the arugula and cut the cranberries in half.
Assemble everything on one slice of bread and drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top.
Now just "close" the sandwich with the second slice of bread. Give it a little squish to stop any naughty bits sliding out...
... aaaaand you’re done!
Serving: 215g | Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 864mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1180IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 3mg