40 Vegan Low Calorie Meals - No More Empty Calories
Servings: 2 people
- 1 handful sunflower seeds (or use whatever seeds you have around)
- 7 oz pasta (wholegrain would be best)
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp red pesto (See notes below to make your own!)
- 1 handful spinach (1 handful = 50g, arugula also works)
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
Boil that pasta o’yours.
Dice the onion and fry it with olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
While that’s cooking put the seeds in a frying pan and fry without oil. They’ll only take a minute or two so don’t let them burn!
Drain the cooked pasta then add it into the pan, mix in red pesto, spinach/arugula and a good handful of diced cherry tomatoes.
Add a few splashes of water if you want it a bit creamier.
Depending on what you want add rennet-free cheddar cheese for taste, or leave it out for a vegan version.
For serving add a couple more cherry tomatoes as a garnish, and sprinkle over the sunflower seeds.
Serving: 333g | Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 10.5g | Sugar: 8.3g | Vitamin A: 2950IU | Vitamin C: 52.8mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3.4mg