Tangy Veggie Wrap
Servings: 2 wraps
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 small carrot (pre-grated or use a mini food processor to save time)
- 1 small red onion
- ¼ bell pepper, red (your favourite colour)
- 1 small handful spinach or similar
- 1 thumb ginger, fresh (grated)
- ⅓ cup low fat cottage cheese (use regular if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tsp mustard (or try wasabi paste, but less!)
- 2 wraps (we like wholegrain)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup bean sprouts (they're really healthy! And they add a lovely crunch too)
For the wrap:
Roast the sunflower seeds in a pan without any oil/fat until golden brown.
Peel and grate the carrots. Wash and dice the the bell pepper (get rid of the seeds and white bits). The carrots are the biggest time-consumer here. To save time use pre-grated carrots or use a mini food processor to chop them up.
Peel the onion and cut in thin rings. Wash and drain the spinach. Wash the bean sprouts with cold water and let them dry.
For the dressing:
Peel the ginger and grate it into a bowl. Add the cottage cheese, sour cream (or your vegan substitute), lemon zest and mustard and mix it well.
Spread the dressing mixture onto the wraps, stopping about 1cm from the edge. Lay out the spinach leaves on top.
Put the carrots, bell pepper, onions and bean sprouts in a wide line down the middle and sprinkle the roasted sunflower seeds on top.
Season with a dash of salt and pepper and fold the wraps a little on both sides, then at the bottom and roll it as tightly as possible (without squishing the insides out!).
Cut the wraps into halves and serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 1168mg | Potassium: 573mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 10335IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 3mg