Quick and Easy Vegetarian Thai Green Curry (30 Minutes)
Servings: 2 servings
- ½ cup brown rice (or basmati rice)
- 7 oz firm tofu (firm 7oz = 200g)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion
- 0.5 inches ginger, fresh (0.5 inches = 1.5 cm)
- 2 handful frozen vegetable (carrot, cauliflower, broccoli)
- 1 handful snow peas/ snap peas
- ½ cup vegetable broth (½ cup = 125 ml)
- ½ can low fat coconut milk (use regular if you prefer)(1 can = 15oz / 430ml)
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp green curry paste (vegan versions are very easy to find)
- salt to taste
- 1 handful peanuts (or cashews)
- ¼ lime (juiced) (gives the curry a little "fresh/summer" kick)
Peel and dice the onion and ginger. Use the other half of the oil and fry them in a pot on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
Add the frozen vegetables and give them a few minutes to cook.
In the meantime wash the snow peas and add them to the other vegetables in the pan.
Then add the vegetable stock and coconut milk and let it all simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add the curry paste, maple syrup and salt to taste and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Finally add the nuts in the last minutes of cooking so they are still crunchy.
Serve with tofu cubes and basmati rice on the side. Enjoy!
Calories: 510kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 942IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 4mg