Turkish Lentil Salad
Servings: 2 people
- 1.5 cup brown lentils, cooked (1.5 cups = 1 can 15oz/400g)
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful parsley, fresh (dried will work in a push)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp vinegar (choose your favourite, all go well!)
- 1.5 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey for non-vegans)
- 2 bell pepper, red (green and red)
- salt and pepper to taste
Dice up the onion and cut the bell pepper into small pieces. Add both to a salad bowl.
Mix in the lentils (previously drained and rinsed; if you use dry lentils, cook according to package instructions first).
Rip up the parsley and add it to the bowl as well
Now in with the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper and stir it all nicely.
Have the salad with a slice of (whole grain) bread. Enjoy!
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1414mg | Potassium: 949mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 3894IU | Vitamin C: 161mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 7mg