Quick White Bean Spread (vegan pâté)
Servings: 2 people
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can white beans (1 can = 15.5 oz)
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh (or frozen, chopped, use less if dried)
- 2 tbsp chives, fresh (or frozen, chopped)
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato puree (The recipe above has a dark, almost nutty flavour. If you like your patè a little sweeter then add some puree for this effect.)
- Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian) (A few drops also combine nicely with this. Make sure you grab an anchovy-free, vegan one)
Roughly chop the onion and garlic.
Fry them in oil for a couple of minutes until lightly browned. When ready, throw both into a large mixing bowl.
Drain and rinse the beans and place them in the bowl.
Juice the lemon.
Finally, add the lemon juice and rest of the ingredients and using a hand blender, give it all a good blend. Alternatively throw it all in a food processor instead. That’s it! Serve as you like, hot wholemeal bread goes great.
Serving: 325g | Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2.3g | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 2.9g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 49.5mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 5.2mg