Melted Feta and Veggie Bake
Servings: 2 people
Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- ½ cup brown rice (uncooked) (this is optional, and our favourite side)
- 5 oz low fat feta cheese (use regular if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil, dried (fresh is fine)
- 2 tbsp parsley, dried (fresh is fine)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion (red or white)
- 1 bell pepper, red (your fave colour)
- 2 good handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 chilli / jalapeño
- 1 handful olives
- 10 tbsp water
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 handful mushrooms (sliced)
Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
Cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
Cut the cheese into two equal, thin pieces and lay in baking tray.
Layer half the dried herbs over the cheese.
Chop all veg (and garlic) into small pieces and chuck in a bowl.
Add the oil, salt, water and the other half of the herbs and mix well. (If using fresh herbs all go into this mix so they won't burn).
Place the veg mixture on and all around the cheese.
Bake for 30 mins or until veg becomes soft.
Serve with brown rice and hummus.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 911mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2484IU | Vitamin C: 118mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 4mg