Crispy Tortilla Pizza (25 Min, Vegetarian)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
As we pointed out a few days ago when we released our Melted Feta Bake, the best way of eating well and staying healthy isn’t to follow the latest trends and life-changing diets (lose 400kg in just two days!), but to adapt yourself to an overall healthier intake.
Robbing yourself of your favourite foods isn’t always the answer either – you’ll end up with ever-growing cravings and very possibly a huge binge on said forbidden fruit (if only it was actually fruit).
Take the pizza. One of the world’s favourite meals, easy to make, easy to bake, and most definitely tasty. But unfortunately loaded with carbs, calories and fat, and often very few benefits in tow.
But we all love a good pizza, and I for one won’t be going without. Which means it’s time to make it better for us.
So…a thinner base and less cheese sounds like a good start. A tortilla makes the perfect replacement, and tastes great too.
A single ball of mozzarella will do for four as well, so that’s the cheese sorted. You can even make your own salsa – cheaply and in five minutes for a delicious base.
Bung on your favourite toppings and voila! You’re done. As is the tortilla pizza.
Health Benefits – Crispy Tortilla Pizza
This one is all about enjoying your favourite foods in a healthy way.
One tortilla with a side salad should do you for a whole meal, or grab two if you really wanna treat yourself while still being a little aware of what you’re eating.
Enjoy fewer carbs, enjoy fewer calories and enjoy less fat. Enjoy the same great taste.
We want to know:
- What’s the food you just can’t resist?
- What’s your favourite pizza topping?
- And which celebrity would you like to share a pizza with the most?
Get in touch!
- ½ can sweet corn (drained and rinsed) (½ can = 7.5 oz)
- It’s your pizza, add your favourite toppings 🙂
- Spread the tomato puree over each tortilla.
- Lob on the basil.
- Slice the cheese into thin layers and add to tortillas.
- Chop the veggies into small pieces then place evenly on tortillas
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 mins at 180°C (360°F) – don’t let the tortillas burn!