Japanese Silken Tofu Dessert with Mango Coulis (Vegan, 10 mins)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
This is a beautiful silken tofu dessert you’ve just clicked on. We’ve decided to tempt your sweet tooth with something really mouthwatering and unique.
The chilled tofu recipe with mango coulis combines tropical mango sweetness, cooling mint flavour and a hint of lemon sourness.
This sweet silken tofu will no doubt impress you. It’s perfect for a light tofu dessert with the most incredible flavour.
One of the healthiest soft tofu desserts ever
You should know by now tofu is very healthy (if not, read this article on the health benefits of tofu). Eating mango provides many benefits too – it’s rich in protective antioxidants, contains good levels of vitamins A and C, may support heart and eye health.
Don’t forget to use some mint leaves for extra freshness. Not only does it blend perfectly with the dish, mint is a healthy addition to many meals; it improves digestion and even brain function.
This silken tofu dessert is a 109 calorie and 5g protein dish. It makes a great low calorie snack that won’t hurt your weight management.
Subscribe to get our FREE 7-Day Vegetarian High Protein Meal Plan for Weight Loss
Our sweet silken tofu is a very fun hiyayakko variation. Just don’t add any soy sauce out of habit – if you’ve really enjoyed these savoury japanese silken tofu recipes an you’ll know what we mean because they pair beautifully with soy sauce:
With that being said, soy sauce can be sweet and is especially popular in Indonesian cuisine. If you’re looking to get more into Asian style cooking you can check out these vegan and vegetarian Asian recipes.
Hope you enjoy all of our vegan silken tofu recipes (try our other silken tofu dessert recipes too if you liked this!)! Share your thoughts in the comments.
- 12 oz silken tofu (1 pack of Morinaga silken tofu, 336 g)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 mango (diced) (as ripe as possible) (1 medium mango = 9 oz = 250g)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- mint, fresh
- In a small pot add the sugar, mango, water and lemon. Mix and cook over medium heat until liquids burst and simmer for about 8 minutes, you should have a small amount of liquid (kind of like a syrup) and the fruits should be very soft. Blend the sauce and then reserve until needed.2 tbsp sugar, 1 mango, 1 tbsp lemon juice, ¼ cup water
- Cut the silken tofu pack into 4 rectangles.12 oz silken tofu
- Serve the chilled tofu on small individual plates. Drizzle the sauce over and top with more fruit and mint leaves.mint, fresh