Vegetarian Wedge Salad with Creamy Cashew Dressing
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
This vegetarian wedge salad with creamy cashew dressing is waiting to be part of your menu. It looks stunning, tastes amazing and packs great into one jar.
You can prep your salad ahead and you have the perfect lunch option for work or school. It won’t spill or take up too much space in your bag.
Layers of healthy ingredients with different flavours and textures really complement one another. This makes the wedge salad rich, crispy, refreshing and super nutritious!
How healthy is the vegetarian wedge salad recipe?
If you want to get enough protein on a vegetarian diet, check out this article on how you can lose weight with vegetarian high protein foods.
All the mentioned wedge salad ingredients, as well as iceberg lettuce, chives, corn, cherry tomatoes, and spices also bring forth many health benefits. Together they make one of the best wedge salad recipes you can find!
Subscribe to get our FREE 7-Day Vegetarian High Protein Meal Plan for Weight Loss
Easy tips to make the perfect iceberg lettuce salad
Iceberg lettuce leaves are layered tightly together and perfect for the vegetarian wedge salad. You’ll have to grab a head of iceberg lettuce, cut it in half and then cut each half again to make wedges.
The wedge salad dressing is an important part of the recipe. It’s light, creamy and versatile – you can adjust the thickness and add some toppings, like blue cheese, feta or roasted nuts, if you wish.
Down in the instructions, we’ve described two ways of serving the iceberg wedge salad – right away on a plate or in a mason jar. Choose whichever suits you best!
- ⅓ cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 4 tbsp cashews
- ¾ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chives (chopped)
- 1 cup corn, cooked (yellow or white, 140 g)
- 3 oz cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ iceberg lettuce (about 300g, cut into wedges)
- In a small pot boil quinoa with salted water until the grains puff and are fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes. Then drain and reserve.⅓ cup quinoa
- Meanwhile, add to the food processor the cashews, yogurt, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, sugar and ¼ cup of water. Process until you have a creamy and uniform dressing. If the dressing is still too thick, add a little extra water until it has the optimate thickness for you.4 tbsp cashews, ¾ cup low fat Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp oregano, dried, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp sugar
- Prepare chopped chives, halved cherry tomatoes, and iceberg lettuce wedges.2 tbsp chives, 3 oz cherry tomatoes, ½ iceberg lettuce
- If eating right away, place the lettuce wedges in a plate and sprinkle with a little salt. Drizzle wedges with dressing and then top with quinoa, corn, tomatoes and chives.1 cup corn, cooked
- If using a mason jar, in two big mason jars add in the following order: dressing, chives, cherry tomatoes, corn, cooked quinoa, lettuce wedges with a pinch of salt. Close with a lid and reserve, preferably in a cool place, until ready to eat.