Hey guys, something a little different this week! We’re having a Smoothie Off against Gigi at GigiEatsCelebrities.com, and as the name might imply, it’s one smoothie versus another. Facing off. Ready to be drunk for its cause. As many of us are, I’m sure.
This epic competition is being sponsored by the lovely people over at NuZest, and they’ve proudly supplied the protein powders used in the recipes. You can enter the giveaway below by leaving a comment to tell us which smoothie you prefer for the chance to win 2 X 500g (17.6oz) containers of Clean Lean Protein all to yourself. Simple really.
The Smoothie Off rules are simple too. Each team makes a smoothie in any way they want, shares the recipe and waits for the votes to come in. It’s HurryTheFoodUp.com against GigiEatsCelebrities.com.
Recipe 1 – The Zesty Caulicokin Smoothie
The Zesty Caulicokin Smoothie
- 2 scoops Vanilla NuZest
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup cauliflower, frozen
- 2 tbsp erythritol
- 6 drops vanilla extract
- 3 squares stevia-sweetened dark chocolate
- 12 Mini “Cake Balls”
- Put all of the above ingredients together in your blender… And puree away!
- How FLIPPING SMOOTH simple this recipe?!
This is Gigi’s attempt. Although it’s a very good smoothie, it’s clearly no winner. Click here to have a look anyway.
Recipe 2 – The High Protein Cottage Cheese Strawberry Smoothie
This beautiful, mouth-watering treat is brought to you by yours truly. A classic winning combination of juicy strawberries and sweet banana make this all-conquering smoothie impossible to look past. We love our food (drink?) delicious and nutritious, and this is a nutrient powerhouse.
High Protein Cottage Cheese Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh (frozen is fine too; you can use any berries you happen to have around)
- 1 cup low fat coconut milk *
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese *
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop NuZest chocolate protein powder
- One of the joys and reasons for the ever-lasting popularity of smoothies lies in the simplicity of it all.
- Just throw all the ingredients into a blender (peel the banana first ;)) and press the magic button.
- If smoothie is too thick, add some water. If it’s how you like it, serve!
Alrighty, on to the giveaway:
Just leave a comment stating which smoothie you find more intriguing and you’re in the raffle!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So there we have it. A big thanks to NuZest for sponsoring this competition: you can check out their products over here. Oh, and we got them to create a cool discount for you too – use the coupon code hgcomp20 for a 20% discount! Their great tasting protein powder is 100% vegetable too. Yay!