Spicy Kiwi Banana Smoothie (3 Min, Vegetarian)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Kiwis. Small, flightless birds and symbol of New Zealand. Ever tried putting one in a blender? No? Good. You shouldn’t either, it’s probably illegal. But there’s no excuse for not trying this quick and spicy kiwi breakfast smoothie – it’s absolutely rammed with vitamin C and is high in calcium, fiber, protein, iron and potassium.
It’s a great summer smoothie that’s really filling too – courtesy of the porridge oats. Your body will thank you, and the ginger gives the taste a real kick.
Health Benefits – Kiwi Banana Smoothie
This smoothie really is one of the best. One serving contains 36% of your GDA of fibre, which has a myriad of different health benefits – like lowering glucose and cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease and diabetes (Fantastic Fibre).
A serving also contains nearly a third (32%) of the GDA for potassium – critical for blood pressure control and kidney function (Powerful Potassium).
On top of that it even has less than 300 calories. Combined with the other nutrients included – the only question left is: what are you waiting for?
- 3 kiwi
- 2 banana
- 1 cup milk (any milk is fine, try soy, almond, coconut etc)
- ¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp porridge oats
- 1 thumb ginger, fresh
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey (if you like it that bit sweeter)
- Skin the kiwis – chop off the top and bottom, stand and slice off the edges (not your fingers)3 kiwi
- Peel bananas (a monkey can do it, so can you).2 banana
- Chop or grate the ginger.1 thumb ginger, fresh
- Throw fruits, oats and ginger into a blender with the milk and yoghurt.1 cup milk, ¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt, 5 tbsp porridge oats, 1 tsp honey
This looks so yumee, will have to try it soon.
Yeees! its really good! I already used up a whole ginger root. Actually I should check, how healthy that is 😉
You know, I’m not a huge kiwi fan, but I may have to just give this a try!
Hahaha, I really hope the smoothie will improve your relation with Kiwis! 😉
Looks great…i should try this…
thanks for the post!
Give it a go! 🙂
It’s kind of spicy, but I’m sure you’ll like it!