Honey Glazed Carrots in Tarragon and Mint (20 Min, Vegetarian)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Honey Glazed Carrots – integral to pretty much any Christmas lunch. Easy to do wrong, even easier to do right.
There are so many different versions out there – but we think we’ve created the best.
Tarragon goes really well when combined with sweet things – and carrots are a naturally sweet vegetable. On top of that, a bit of mint or honey fits really well – try it for yourself.
It’s a really quick side dish to make, with very little prep time. Best get it on the menu then.
Health Benefits – Honey Glazed Carrots
Everyone knows carrots are good for you. Just ask a rabbit 😀
Happily, in these days of new research which seems to prove just about everything is bad for you – carrots are still going strong.
Abundant in vitamin A, they help to regulate cell growth and division, stimulate white blood cell activity and even help to to remodel bone.
They’ve also been found to greatly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and have some serious antioxidant benefits.
Need any more reasons to stick them on the Christmas table?
- Peel then chop the carrots into slices.
- Boil in water for 8 minutes (you could steam them too).
- Drain carrots and tip away water.
- Using the same pan to save on washing up, put the carrots back in and throw in the oil.
- Cook on a medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add maple syrup (or honey).
- Cook the carrots on a medium heat for a further five minutes – they should be soft through the inside and just beginning to brown on the outside when ready. Turn up or lower heat as necessary.