High Protein White Bean Salad (10 Min, Vegan)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Fed up of eating salad but never being satisfied? Feel like you’ve barely eaten anything and your stomach is still growling away?
We’re here to change that with another beefy salad (that doesn’t involve beef).
In fact it doesn’t involve any animal at all – this is a pure vegan meal. It’s tasty and nutrient rich and hits all the right spots.
Thanks to that mix of light, crunchy pepper offset by heavy soft beans and a bit of whole wheat bread you get a meal that fills you up whilst providing you with all the essential amino acids and nutrients in one go.
It’s not always easy to eat vegan and get all the things for your diet (in a tasty way at least) but this recipe has it all.
It’s high in fiber – which protects you against strokes, diabetes and heart disease (Friendly Fiber) and more besides.
It’s packed with vitamins that you normally find in meat and fish (such as B6 – which helps red blood cell growth and can even fight cancer), as well as vitamins A, C, E, and B2.
On top of that you get the essential amino acids – so called because our body can’t produce them.
They’re the building blocks of protein and we’ve gotta get them into our system one way or another. Red meat is normally a good source – but it outweighs the pros with some very serious cons.
Want more? How about magnesium, iron, calcium and over 20 grams of protein? Still not enough?
Fine. Have some kalium and folic acid as well. There. Told you it was good for you 😀
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- Wash the beans and let water drain.1.5 cups white beans, cooked
- Dice onion into small pieces.½ red onion
- Wash bell pepper, cut into small pieces as well.1 bell pepper, red
- Add parsley and cilantro.1 small handful parsley, fresh, 1 small handful cilantro/coriander, fresh
- Cut the dried tomatoes in small strips.4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- Throw everything into a big bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice and finish it off with some salt and pepper.1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, Salt and pepper to taste
- Add some toasted wholemeal bread.2 slices wholegrain bread
- Make-ahead? Yes, prep the night before, it’ll be even more flavorful that way.
- Please note: The nutritional information does includes wholemeal bread.