Free Meal Plan for Vegetarian Beginners
Hi there, Hauke here sharing this free beginner meal plan with you!
Of course we all love to write our own reviews, but I have to say this is might be my favorite meal plan to date!
We’ve made sure we used only easy and delicious recipes. Also we had an eye on the protein, which should help any beginner vegetarian to make the transition away from meat easier.
A few important Meal Plan FAQs
- 1 Person: This meal plan is for one person, but can be adjusted to as many people as you like.
- Cook Once, Eat Twice: This means cook one day and have easy leftovers the next day.
- One Grocery Haul: Our meal plans are designed for one shopping tour, but can easily be split.
- The Shopping List updates automatically and can be printed out.
- Swap out Recipes: you need to login or create a free account, because that’s where your own plans are stored.
Alrighty, now without further ado on to the meal plan!
Want to swap out recipes? Hit in the meal planner below to save to My Collection.
- Healthy Protein Baked Oats: Can be made ahead the night before, so you can hit snooze one more time in the morning
- Arugula Lentil Salad from Heaven: Ideally store the croutons in a separate container to keep them crunchy for next day’s lunch.
- Bean and Pasta Casserole: if you don’t have kale available in your area, spinach or swiss chard are good replacements.
- Creamy Broccoli Pasta: Ideally use frozen broccoli, if you only do one grocery haul.
- Fresh herbs last for longer in an airtight container with damp kitchen paper inside. Up to two weeks, in fact!
Day 7 is all up to you. It’s a great day for leftovers, or if you want to go out to eat.
And don’t forget – if you have lots of leftover ingredients in the fridge we highly recommend turning them in to Buddha Bowls, Burrito Bowls or Roasted Veggie Dishes! There’s so much choice, and you can throw together virtually everything you have leftover with a tasty sauce!
Current advice suggests active females and sedentary males need about 2,000 calories per day. This is exactly what the meal plan provides.
If you are a less active female, think about skipping a few snacks.
If you are an active male consider having bigger and/or more snacks
PS. Any questions? Please hit reply to the email that got you here and I’ll get back to you as soon as I read it!
We hope you enjoy the recipes and as always we love seeing images of your creations in the Facebook group or @hurrythefoodup on Instagram so tag us there too if you like!
Need more plans? Get Our Meal Plan Pack for Beginners!
Four weeks of meal plans.
It’s everything you need for going vegetarian for a month – fun, healthy veggie meals, all laid out for you. We’ve also taken care of the nutrional side of things, so you don’t have to worry about missing meat.
→ Lots of new vegetarians need inspiration especially when it comes to prepping protein sources (living off cheese won’t cut it). With a full month of nutritionist-backed meal plans you’ll make vegetarian cooking a breeze!
We would like to take a moment to note that these meal plans have been designed to provide a framework for a healthy vegetarian diet. They do not claim to provide medical advice or to be able to treat any medical condition. The calories, fibre, protein and other nutritional information is worked out as closely as possible and we have checked the information as accurately as possible. However we can’t be held responsible for mistaken listings: the nutritional information is given as a guide only. If you have any concerns regarding your health or whether it is suitable for you to try to lose weight then please contact your medical practitioner before making changes.