The Aussie Microwave Baked Potato Recipe
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
A delicious combo of smashed avocado and sweet chilli sauce from down under. A little sour cream goes nicely, too.
Getting a baked potato just right is rewarding in itself. It’s surprisingly easy to do and the cooking instructions are included in the recipe card below. For more extensive instructions as well as a load more topping ideas, please see our main microwave baked potato post.
Who’d have thought avocado, sweet chili sauce and sour cream would go so well together. SO GOOD! So easy, too.
- 1 large potato
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce (or sundried tomatoes)
- 1 tsp butter (or vegan margarine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice (for the avocado)
- Microwave the large potato for nine minutes. A medium potato needs seven minutes and a small potato needs five minutes. To add extra potatoes allow an extra four minutes for a large potato, three minutes for a medium potato and two minutes for a small potato. This is using a 1000w microwave – adjust for slightly longer or shorter if yours is a higher or lower power. Don't forget to pierce the potatoes with a fork a few times.
- Mash up the avocado. Add salt and lemon juice.
- When ready, slice a deep groove through the middle of the potato in both directions. Repeat the process diagonally.
- Add butter, salt and pepper to the potato.
- Layer the avocado over the potato, followed by the sweet chilli sauce (or chopped sundried tomatoes).
The nutritional information is with sweet chilli sauce (not sundried tomatoes) and includes all optional ingredients, too 🙂
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Tag @HurryTheFoodUp on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece!