One of the reasons I love this sweet potato and feta bake recipe is because I can quickly throw everything into the oven, then get on with something more exciting, like cleaning the living room or doing the housework while I’m waiting.
This yam bake recipe is the perfect meal to make as the seasons transition, from the summer sunshine to the cool autumnal breeze.
When the weather begins to get cooler, I always crave comforting meals, like a deliciously filling casserole – still healthy, but requiring minimal effort.
Sweet potato – or is that yams bake?
Baked sweet potato is the vegetarian take on a casserole – ideal for the cooling seasons!
Filling you with warmth and comfort, but also making sure you get that essential veggie-fix from the starchy root vegetable.
This is an easy to follow recipe you’re going to want to keep hold of, trust me!
Sweet potatoes are a super food you need!
Sweet potatoes (also known as yams) are an all year round vegetable that should be incorporated into any healthy vegetarian diet.
They have a delicious natural flavour of sweetness and are the perfect kid-friendly vegetable – meaning everyone’s happy at the dinner table!
But not only that, baked sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients to aid for a healthier YOU. With just 180 calories in one medium sweet potato, you can find an amazing range of vitamins and minerals, C, B6, magnesium and potassium.
Plus, with gut health becoming a big topic, it is important to note the colourful super food ingredient contains two kinds of fibre (soluble and insoluble) that are incredible for your digestion and promote a healthy gut!
Following baked sweet potato recipes can also boost your immune system too! The orange, sweet ingredient is one of the best natural sources of beta-carotene, which is then turned into Vitamin A, which is vital to healthy immune system functioning.
We have tonnes of other sweet potato recipes, which you can check out here: sweet potato recipes.
Keep sprinkling that feta cheese on your crispy skinned potatoes
Along with the nutrients of sweet potatoes, this vegetarian recipe piles on even more healthy nutrients by sprinkling feta cheese on the baked potato.
But what’s even better about feta cheese is that it contains friendly bacteria that seem to help your immune system and gut health.
So you could say this sweet potato and feta bake recipe is the best hassle-free meal to create!
How to bake sweet potatoes easily and deliciously
So I’m sure you’re eager to know how to make this healthy, easy, whole food recipe and create your own sweet potato and feta bake.
With a prep time of just ten minutes, baking a sweet potato is simple and requires no fuss.
Simply bung the delicious ingredients in the oven, get on with your day and then delve into a bowl of comfort that fills you up with all the goodness your body needs.
Easy Sweet Potato Feta Bake (Yams Bake)
- 1 handful peanuts
- 2.5 oz low fat feta cheese (use regular if you prefer)(roughly 75g)
- 1 spring onions
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and grab a big baking tray.
- Give the sweet potato a quick wash, then cut them into bite sized chunks. Same with the beets, cut them into bite sized chunks.
- Peel and cut the onion into chunks.
- Everything goes into the tray. Now add olive oil, paprika powder and salt. Give it a good mix.
- Finally, add water.
- Off it goes into the oven for 45 minutes.
- Get the dressing ready: in a small bowl mix together lime, olive oil and a bit of salt.
- Chop the spring onion finely.
- After 45 minutes check, if the potatoes are tender. If yes, get the bake out of the oven.
- Time for the feta cheese, spring onions and peanuts. Sprinkle all on top of the dish.
- Lastly, drizzle over the dressing.