All(mond) is good Muffins
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
All(mond) is Good Muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats (1 cup = 130g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (1 cup = 150g)
- ⅔ cup soy milk (or any plant-based milk, ⅔ cup = 150 ml)
- ½ cup almond slivers (½ cup = 50g; or very finely chopped almonds)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (or any other neutral oil)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
+ a muffin tin, a (hand) blender and a wooden spoon
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and oil 12 muffin cups with 1-1.5 tbsp of oil.
- Blend the oats using a hand blender or food processor until it has a flour-like texture. Using a wooden spoon, mix the oatmeal flour with the all-purpose flour, almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger powder, salt and (optional) sugar. Set aside.
- Blend the banana and the milk together in a different bowl. With the wooden spoon, stir in the apple sauce, maple syrup and the rest of the oil.
- Now, stir in the dry ingredients (the flour-almond mix) until it’s well-combined with the wet ingredients.
- Divide the mix over the muffin cups.
- Bake them the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let them cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the cups.
- Eat immediately, refrigerate, or even freeze!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Tag @HurryTheFoodUp on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece!