Rush-Rush Couscous Recipe for Lunch (Tabbouleh)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
This couscous salad recipe is a refreshing and protein-packed dish featuring crumbled tofu and tangy sun-dried tomatoes, perfect for a light and healthy lunch or dinner.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4.5 oz firm tofu
- ¾ cup instant couscous
- ⅔ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 5 dates, dried
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 handful cilantro/coriander, fresh (or mint, parsley, or all of that)
- Heat up the oil on medium heat, then turn to low heat.2 tsp olive oil
- Chop and sauté the onion, chop the garlic, stir it in with the onion briefly.1 onion, 1 clove garlic
- Crumble in the tofu and season with a dash of salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes.4.5 oz firm tofu
- Add couscous, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast and chili flakes. Stir well, reduce heat to low, then wait 5 minutes.¾ cup instant couscous, ⅔ cup vegetable broth, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp chili flakes
- In the meantime, chop the dates and sundried tomatoes into small pieces.5 dates, dried, 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- After 5 minutes, test the couscous. Too dry? Add 1-2 tbsp hot water
- Not too dry? Liking the texture? Add dates, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.1 tbsp lemon juice, Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the herbs.2 handful cilantro/coriander, fresh
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Tag @HurryTheFoodUp on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece!