The 2 Ingredient Banana Egg Pancakes (10 Min, Vegetarian)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
1) Mash up bananas in a large bowl
2) Whisk eggs (using a fork is just fine!) and add to banana paste
3) Fry gently in a pan on low-medium heat with a little heated oil or butter
Oh so easy!
Pancakes. Fiddly and frustrating to make, fatty to eat. Taste awesome though. Surely there must be some sort of middle ground?
What if I told you it’s possible to make pancakes from just two ingredients – bananas and eggs? ‘MADNESS!’ I hear you cry. But it’s true.
Health Benefits – Banana Egg Pancakes
One banana and two eggs will knock up a brilliant breakfast for one person – and one that’s full of vitamin b6 – which is normally found in fish and meat.
It helps to stop skin rashes, fatigue and mood swings and is used with over 100 different enzymes in the body (1).
They’re also full of manganese which is used for bone production, skin integrity and for blood sugar control.
It also protects against free radicals and skin issues, and can even alleviate asthma (2).
Want more? Well on top of they even contain high amounts of fiber, potassium and protein. What are you waiting for?
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp coconut oil (or butter) for frying
* 2 tbsp of flax seeds
* 1 tbsp of coconut powder
* A small handful of hazelnuts, almonds or walnuts
* 1 tbsp of peanut butter (we LOVE that combo!)
* 1 tbsp of protein powder
* 1 tbsp of raisins
* 1 tsp of cinnamon
* 1 tsp of vanilla extract
* A few thin slices of apple or pears
* Pumpkin puree (organic) Topping ideas:
* Maple syrup
* Cherries, strawberries
* Sugar and lemon juice Tried the recipe? We’re all curious! Send us a pic via instagram by tagging @hurrythefoodup or leave a comment below. Oh, and if you’re feeling even more adventurous with your pancake journey, you need to check out our definitive collection of healthy vegan pancakes! EQUIPMENT & PRODUCT TIPS:
You’ll need a non-stick pan to make these pancakes work, that’s it. Not happy with your current one? See what you think about this pan. I recently started using coconut oil instead of butter for frying these fellas and I have to say it’s really good! If you want, give coconut oil a shot. Please note the nutritional data does not include oil or butter for frying.