HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
An easy omelette perfect for using up leftovers!
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegetables of choice (mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper etc.)
- ¼ cup fresh herbs of choice (dried works too, but use less)
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 squirt of your favourite sauce!
- Wash and chop the veggies into small pieces.1 cup vegetables of choice
- Heat half the oil in a pan (non-stick if possible) and fry the veggies until soft. Set aside. Clean the pan with a tissue.2 tsp olive oil
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat well with a fork, adding the salt and pepper3 eggs, salt, black pepper
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pan on low to medium heat.
- Pour the egg mix into the pan.
- Using a spatula, ruffle the omelette so it doesn’t stick. As you create gaps tilt the pan so the liquid fills the spaces.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes and…
- Here's the important part: when the egg mixture looks nearly cooked (but there's still just a tiny bit of runny egg left) drop the veggies, herbs onto half of the omelette.¼ cup fresh herbs of choice
- Fold the empty half of the omelette on top of the other.
- Slide it onto a plate – the heat from closing the omelette will finish cooking the inside.1 squirt of your favourite sauce!
If you prefer your eggs more ‘well done’ then simply let the omelette cook an extra minute before dropping in the ingredients in. Don’t wait too long though, you don’t want it to go hard!
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Tag @HurryTheFoodUp on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece!