The best peanut butter salad in the world
Liven up your salads with this so-tasty-it-must-be-tried-to-be-believed salad containing all the vitaminy goodness you’d expect from carrot, red cabbage and lettuce but with added energy from the pasta, and taste and protein from peanuts.
Perfect for that extra boost before sports or helping to rebuild those weary muscles. Try just it once and you’ll be hooked!*
*you won’t actually get hooked as it’s not addictive, but it does taste ridiculously good!
Health Benefits – Pasta Salad with an Exquisite Peanut Butter Dressing
The Salad is also good for you. Our bodies are amazing and complex machines that need a little bit of everything to run as well as they should.
- High in vitamin B6, mostly found in meat, poultry or fish, but also in nuts and legumes like peanuts: You need it to keep your skin healthy and it helps against depression (IOM).
- High in fiber through peanuts and whole grain pasta.
Eating more of it will help you to protect yourself better against the three biggest killers of humanity: diabetes, heart disease and cancer (Harvard).
- Fairly high in protein: noodles and peanuts. Beef up those muscles…without beef.
- Make sure you get a colorful salad mix (eg. with carrots, red cabbage, lettuce) to get some more vitamins and minerals.
Pasta Salad With Peanut Butter Dressing
- 5 oz pasta
- 1 small salad mix (lettuce, red cabbage, purple kale, carrot all go great)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey if that's fine with you)
- 2 tbsp vinegar (malt or white are fine)
- ½ thumb ginger, chopped or grated (dried is fine)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (dried is fine)
- 1 small dash water
- 1 small handful peanuts, roasted
- add some coriander/cilantro and/or lime for decoration.
- Get the pasta cooking away.
- Rinse, then chop or rip the salad, peel and grate the carrots and chuck in large bowl.
- Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and vinegar together well in a small bowl.
Add the ginger and garlic.
- Add a spot of water to thin the sauce (just a little!) and stir well.
Roughly chop the peanuts. Then roast them on medium heat until lightly brown. No oil necessary!
Drain the pasta and throw in with salad.
Add the sauce, mix up and voilà! Serve with lime and coriander/cilantro.
Try out different salad combos - and remove the pasta for a lower calorie version!
Recipe adapted from Cookie and Kate. Thanks Kate 🙂
Miss anything? Get it on
Disclosure of Material Connection: The products above are linking to Amazon as “affiliate links” because we're affiliates! When you click on a product, it'll take you to its Amazon page where the price stays the same for you and Amazon pays us a small percentage. This helps us continue to provide quality recipes and pay for operating costs.
Check out our Breakfast in Six Cookbook
Our beautiful ebook, Breakfast in Six is out! It’s our favourite 30 vegetarian and vegan breakfast recipes – all made with six or less ingredients. They’ve never been seen on the site before (and never will). Check it out!