Refreshing Pasta in Peanut Butter Sauce
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Refreshing Pasta in Peanut Sauce
- 7 oz firm tofu
- 1 tsp olive oil
Pasta & Salad
- 3.5 oz wholewheat pasta
- 7 oz salad mix (lettuce, red cabbage, purple kale, carrot all go great)
- 2 tbsp peanuts (roasted)
- a few sprigs cilantro/coriander, fresh (for garnish)
- 1 lime (for garnish)
- Chop the tofu into small cubes, then fry for 15 minutes on medium heat with olive oil until crispy.7 oz firm tofu, 1 tsp olive oil
- Get the pasta cooking away.3.5 oz wholewheat pasta
- Rinse, then add the salad mix into a large bowl. Finely dice the ginger.7 oz salad mix, ½ inch ginger, fresh
- Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and ginger together well in a small bowl.2 tbsp peanut butter, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp maple syrup, 3 tbsp vinegar, ½ inch ginger, fresh
- Add a couple of tbsp water to thin the sauce (just a little!) and stir well.1 small dash water
- Roughly chop the peanuts. Bonus task: roast them on medium heat until lightly brown. No oil necessary!2 tbsp peanuts
- Drain the pasta and throw in with salad.
- Add the sauce, mix up and voilà! Serve with lime and coriander/cilantro, season with a bit of salt.1 lime, a few sprigs cilantro/coriander, fresh
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Tag @HurryTheFoodUp on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece!