If you’ve been following our blog for a while now then you’ll know we make videos for each of our recipes (Our Channel). Howie is the star of the show, but I recently decided he needed a little help.
So after a lot of hard work behind the scenes I managed to persuade an extremely special guest to come and give us a few pointers…so without any further ado – here’s what Gordon Ramsay had to say about our latest video! Check it out below!
Health Benefits – Tomato Spinach Pasta
This one pretty much writes itself – just check out that nutrition card! It contains more than a day’s vitamin A GDA, and ridiculously high amounts of vitamins C and B6, iron and manganese.
Put all that together and what do you have? All the essentials to stimulate white blood cell growth (A), neutralise free radicals and improve skin and bone conditions (C), control blood sugar levels (M) and lower heart disease (B). That’s one hell of a meal.
- 200g penne pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 small tomatoes (or 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3-4 tbsp greek yogurt (or cream cheese, if you want to be naughty)
- Bag fresh spinach (200g)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- Boil the pasta
- Get a pot, add the tablespoons of olive oil
- Then dice the onion and crush or grate the garlic and off into the pot to simmer it goes
- The next step is to add a can of diced tomatoes. If you don’t trust cans you can use 4 fresh tomatoes, BUT the sauce will get a little runny. Only if you let it stand for a day will you get this creamy texture we're looking for.
- Add the oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and the greek yogurt to the pot.
- Stir until both are dissolved into the sauce.
- Now add the parmesan to the pot.
- Add the fresh spinach.
- Add the pasta.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Dinner is ready!
Inspired by Budget Bytes - Thanks Beth!