If you’ve been following our blog for a while now then you’ll know we make videos for each of our recipes (Our Channel).
Howie is the star of the show, but I recently decided he needed a little help.
So after a lot of hard work behind the scenes I managed to persuade an extremely special guest to come and give us a few pointers…so without any further ado – here’s what Gordon Ramsay had to say about our latest video! Check it out below!
Health Benefits – Tomato Spinach Pasta
This one pretty much writes itself – just check out that nutrition card! It contains more than a day’s vitamin A GDA, and ridiculously high amounts of vitamins C and B6, iron and manganese.
Put all that together and what do you have?
All the essentials to stimulate white blood cell growth (A), neutralise free radicals and improve skin and bone conditions (C), control blood sugar levels (M) and lower heart disease (B). That’s one hell of a meal.
Easy Tomato Spinach Pasta
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 small tomato (4 fresh tomatoes = 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3-4 tbsp Greek yogurt (or cream cheese, if you want to be naughty)
- 1 big handful spinach (1 big handful = 200g, frozen spinach works too)
- ¼ cup hard cheese, grated
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- While the water is heating, dice the onion, grate or chop the garlic, and chop the tomatoes (if not using a can).
- Add the pasta when the water is boiling (add salt and a small amount of oil for taste).
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes. Note: if you use fresh tomatoes, the sauce will get a little runny. Only if you let it stand for a day will you get this creamy texture we’re looking for.
- Add the spinach.
- Add the oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and the greek yogurt. Stir until both are dissolved into the sauce.
- Now add the hard cheese.
- Drain and add the pasta. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally for 1 minute. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Dinner is ready!