Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Red Pepper Sauce
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
This roasted cauliflower steak with sauce made from red peppers and garlic, served with roast potatoes and ricotta, is straight up the best cauliflower steak recipe on the market.
Cauliflower, potatoes and a whole block of ricotta are brushed with paprika and garlic powder, then roasted to perfection.
Steak care of yourself, with this healthy roasted cauliflower steak!
Ok, so we know they’re called ‘steaks’ but of course these aren’t going to taste anything like beef steaks…but nor will they contain any of the fat and bad cholesterol of beef!
Instead, what we are offering you is a juicy, flavoursome roasted cauliflower steak, which is light and healthy, served with roast potatoes, ricotta and a sweet red pepper sauce. The perfect weight loss dinner.
One serving has 398 kcal, 10g fibre and 19g protein. All that protein and fibre makes this a super filling and fuelling dish, at a relatively low calorie count.
Check out our vegetarian weekly weight loss meal plans for more recipes like this one!
Subscribe to get our FREE 7-Day Vegetarian High Protein Meal Plan for Weight Loss
What to serve with cauliflower steaks?
Aside from potatoes and ricotta, this roasted cauliflower steak recipe includes a simple sauce for cauliflower steak, made of roasted red peppers and garlic.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to roast the peppers yourself, it is easy to buy them in jars – just as healthy and much quicker. That said, if you do want to do it yourself, you should check out this marinated roasted red pepper recipe.
The sweet, garlicky, vinegary cauliflower steak sauce really brings the smoky flavour of the cauliflower, potatoes and creamy ricotta to life!
Swaps you can make with this cauliflower steak
This recipe is already naturally gluten-free, as the carbs are just cauliflowers and potatoes.
If you want it to be vegan, you just need to switch out the ricotta for something plant based – tofu is great with crispy cauliflower steaks. Either regular brushed with your favourite herbs, smoked tofu, or even silken tofu.
And that’s that! Enjoy!
For the sauce
- 1 cup roasted bell peppers (200g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Cut potatoes (with skin on) into wedges and cauliflower into steaks 1 inch thick.9 oz potatoes, 18 oz cauliflower
- Place cauliflower, potatoes and ricotta block in a baking sheet. Mix onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and olive oil; evenly coat cauliflower, ricotta and potatoes with the help of a brush.9 oz ricotta, Salt and pepper to taste, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cauliflower and potatoes are fork tender and ricotta is slightly golden. Halfway through (about 15 min. in) turn cauli steaks over.
For the sauce
- Meanwhile blend roasted bell peppers, garlic clove, sugar and salt. Reserve until needed.1 cup roasted bell peppers, 1 clove garlic, 1 ½ tsp sugar, Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve cauliflower steaks and potatoes with roasted bell pepper sauce and baked ricotta. Finish with a dash of salt, black pepper and parsley.1 tbsp parsley, fresh