Sometimes you’ve just gotta treat yourself. Do something you love. Buy something you want.
Or, if you’re like us – eat some cheese! If cheese was better for us then we’d live off it – but it’s not so we don’t! However, like most things in life – it’s great in moderation.
Chuck in some pesto (basil has some amazing nutritional properties!), tomato and spinach and you’re well on the way to having a brilliant light meal that’s high in taste, vitamin A and calcium. And cheese.
Did we mention there’s cheese in it? :))
Health Benefits – Spinach Tomato Quesadillas
The ‘ol king of herbs makes a return here – and it’s a very welcome one indeed.
Basil doesn’t just taste great – it also carries some surprising medicinal properties, such as working as an anti-inflammatory and providing protection against unwanted bacterial growth. Check it out here.
You might have noticed we also push spinach a lot in our blog – and there is a reason for that. WHFoods named it as top of the list for nutrient richness (Spinach: A Winner) in the World’s Healthiest Vegetables.
It’s packed full of vitamins K and A, B2 and B6, C and E, iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium. Incredible.
What further excuse could you need to make it a part of your diet today?
Spinach Tomato Quesadilla
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- 1½ cups spinach
- 1 tbsp pesto (make sure it’s the vegetarian kind)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, sliced
- 2 whole grain tortillas
- Add a light layer of cheese slices (mixing the cheddar and mozzarella together).
- Add the tomato in slices, spinach, and top it with another layer of cheese.
- Fold the second half of the tortilla on top and place in a pan.
- Heat on medium for about 4 minutes. If you want, place a pot on top of the quesadilla so that it flattens nicely.
- Flip and heat for another 4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
1 serving = 1 quesadilla