Zoodles are awesome! We’re well impressed.
Zucchini noodles (sometimes known as Zucchini Pasta or Zucchini Spaghetti) weigh in at around ⅛ the carbs and ⅛ the calories of regular noodles, spaghetti or pasta.
They also have a unique flavour that opens up a whole new range of taste options, meaning they’re an incredibly versatile lunch or dinner option.
The fact that they can be eaten raw or cooked allows for further different meal styles too, and they’re really quick to make. Just grab a spiralizers and off you go!
To give you a bit of a head start, here’s a compilation of awesome vegan and vegetarian zoodle recipes from around the interweb.
Low Carb High Taste ZoodlesCheck out the recipe here
Keto Vegan “Zoodles”Check out the recipe here
Zoodles With Creamy Avocado Dressing (Raw Vegan)Check out the recipe here
Spicy Sesame Zoodles with Crispy TofuCheck out the recipe here
Creamy Red Pepper Alfredo over ZoodlesCheck out the recipe here
Zucchini Noodle Pad ThaiCheck out the recipe here
Zucchini “Noodles” with Sesame-Peanut SauceCheck out the recipe here
Zucchini Noodle JapchaeCheck out the recipe here
Greek Zucchini NoodlesCheck out the recipe here
Zucchini Pasta Salad with Creamy Cashew SauceCheck out the recipe here
Zucchini Pasta With Garlic Green BeansCheck out the recipe here
Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes and CornCheck out the recipe here
Tomato Basil Zucchini Pasta with Goat CheeseCheck out the recipe here
Fig Zucchini Pasta with Hemp Seed CrumbleCheck out the recipe here
Mint and Mango Marinated Zucchini SpaghettiCheck out the recipe here
Zoodles with Kale Pesto and EdamameCheck out the recipe here
Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle PastaCheck out the recipe here
Lemongrass Green Coconut Curry Soup With Zucchini NoodlesCheck out the recipe here
Raw Spicy Zoodle BowlCheck out the recipe here
Zucchini and Roasted Corn Salad with Chili Lime VinaigretteCheck out the recipe here
Quick Spiralized Zucchini and Grape TomatoesCheck out the recipe here
Mason Jar Zucchini Pasta Salad with Avocado Spinach DressingCheck out the recipe here
Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) with Exquisite Hazelnut-Carrot Sauce (30 Mins, Vegetarian)Check out the recipe here
If I had to pick any of the recipes inside this post, then it would be this one Maybe you have the ingredients at hand already? Give it a shot right away!
For the Zoodles
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
For the sauce:
- 1 sprig basil, fresh (to garnish)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice if you like a little sourness. Always taste test your food :))
- Use a spiral maker to make the zoodles or if you don’t have one just simply dice up the zucchini.
- Peel and grate the carrots (if you buy organic carrots then you don’t really need to peel), dice the onion.
- Put the zoodles in a big frying pan with oil and cook them on medium heat.
- Crush the hazelnuts (or just buy crushed hazelnuts to save time!) in a different frying pan and toast them first (without oil) until just browned. They smell awesome so don’t be tempted to let them burn while you’re inhaling the delicious aroma 😉
- Add the oil, onion and carrot mix to the hazelnuts and fry gently on a medium heat until soft but not browned.
- Turn the heat off and mix in the tomato purée and Greek yogurt and stir ‘til everything is mixed well (make sure it doesn’t boil or burn!). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- And last but not least add the sauce to the zoodles and mix in.
- If you want you can garnish it with a sprig of fresh basil.
- Mmmmhhh yummy!!! Enjoy!!!