The UK Microwave Baked Potato Recipe
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
An all-time classic of baked beans and cheese. Brexit shouldn’t have an affect on this one. Surprisingly high in protein thanks to the beans and cheese. Butter/vegan margarine and salt/pepper are optional – and very tasty.
Getting a baked potato just right is rewarding in itself. It’s surprisingly easy to do and the cooking instructions are included in the recipe card below. For more extensive instructions as well as a load more topping ideas, please see our main microwave baked potato post.
- Get the potato in the microwave. Nine minutes at 1000w should do it. If using medium potatoes, seven minutes should be enough. Always poke your potato with a fork a couple of times first (trust us).1 large potato
- Heat up the beans.¾ cup baked beans
- When ready, slice a deep groove through the middle of the potato in both directions. Repeat the process diagonally.
- Pour the hot beans over the potato.
- Add the cottage cheese and sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top.3.5 oz low fat cottage cheese, 0.7 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Add salt and pepper to the potato.Salt and pepper to taste
- Add some leavy greens to the side and sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on top.1 handful leafy greens, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar