The UK Microwave Baked Potato Recipe
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
An all-time classic of baked beans and cheese. Brexit shouldn’t have an effect on this one. Surprisingly high in protein thanks to the beans and cheese. Butter/vegan margarine and salt/pepper are optional – and very tasty.
If you want to show solidarity with our dear European brethren, why not try this German Baked Potato recipe?
Getting a baked potato just right is rewarding in itself. It’s surprisingly easy to do and the cooking instructions are included in the recipe card below. For more extensive instructions as well as a load more topping ideas, please see our main microwave baked potato post.
Melted cheese and baked beans is a UK favourite when it comes to baked potatoes – and we have the perfect recipe and cooking instructions!
- 1 large potato
- ¾ cup baked beans (~ ½ can)
- 0.7 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 3.5 oz low fat cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful leafy greens
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Get the potato in the microwave. Nine minutes at 1000w should do it. If using medium potatoes, seven minutes should be enough. Always poke your potato with a fork a couple of times first (trust us).1 large potato
- Heat up the beans.¾ cup baked beans
- When ready, slice a deep groove through the middle of the potato in both directions. Repeat the process diagonally.
- Pour the hot beans over the potato.
- Add the cottage cheese and sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top.3.5 oz low fat cottage cheese, 0.7 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Add salt and pepper to the potato.Salt and pepper to taste
- Add some leafy greens to the side and sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on top.1 handful leafy greens, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Tag @HurryTheFoodUp on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece!