The Amazing Chickpea Spinach Salad (7 Min, Vegetarian)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Humans are good at surviving. Really good actually. There are just over seven billion (!!!) of us in fact, with more arriving everyday. And how have we done so well over the years I hear you cry?
Well, have you ever considered chickpeas? Not really peas, and certainly not chicks, but fantastic nevertheless.
These bad boy legumes are high in both fiber and protein, essential for good health and a strong digestive system.
Health Benefits – Chickpea Spinach Salad
Humans have been cultivating them for around 11,000 years now (the humble chickpea) – and still do of course.
They help protect against two of today’s biggest foes – heart disease and type 2 diabetes, and a whole host of other other malicious dangers (the enemies).
This brilliant meal also contains spinach, which in itself is high in dietary fiber, protein, niacin, vitamins A, C and E amongst others (lovely spinach).
It REALLY is the king of salads. And it’s another delicious one.
We don’t waste our time with crappy, bland foods – we want taste and we want health. Half the people we tell don’t really believe us that salads can truly be tasty – until they try this.
What are you waiting for? Surprise yourself and anyone who’ll listen, and do your body a favour at the same time.
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)(1 can = 435g)
- 1 handful spinach
- 3.5 oz low fat feta cheese (use regular if you prefer)(3.5oz = 100g)
- 1 small handful raisins
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (white or malt vinegar is also good)
- 3 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ – 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes (or dried cayenne pepper will do the trick nicely)
- Chop the cheese and add with the spinach and chickpeas to a large bowl.1 handful spinach, 3.5 oz low fat feta cheese, 1 can chickpeas
- Mix the honey, oil, lemon juice and raisins in a small bowl.1 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tsp honey, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 small handful raisins
- Add the cumin, salt and pepper to the dressing bowl and mix well.½ – 1 tsp cumin, ground, 1 pinch salt, ½ tsp chili flakes
- Drizzle devilishly delicious dressing over the salad.
- Enjoy 🙂