Humans are good at surviving. Really good actually. There are just over seven billion (!!!) of us in fact, with more arriving everyday. And how have we done so well over the years I hear you cry?
Well, have you ever considered chickpeas? Not really peas, and certainly not chicks, but fantastic nevertheless.
These bad boy legumes are high in both fiber and protein, essential for good health and a strong digestive system.
Health Benefits – Chickpea Spinach Salad
Humans have been cultivating them for around 11,000 years now (the humble chickpea) – and still do of course.
They help protect against two of today’s biggest foes – heart disease and type 2 diabetes, and a whole host of other other malicious dangers (the enemies).
This brilliant meal also contains spinach, which in itself is high in dietary fiber, protein, niacin, vitamins A, C and E amongst others (lovely spinach).
It REALLY is the king of salads. And it’s another delicious one.
We don’t waste our time with crappy, bland foods – we want taste and we want health. Half the people we tell don’t really believe us that salads can truly be tasty – until they try this.
What are you waiting for? Surprise yourself and anyone who’ll listen, and do your body a favour at the same time.
The Amazing Chickpea Spinach Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1 can = 435 g, 15.5 oz)
- 1 large handful spinach
- 3.5 oz feta cheese or similar (3.5 oz = 100 g)
- 1 small handful raisins
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (white or malt vinegar is also good)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 - 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (or dried cayenne pepper will do the trick nicely)
- Chop the cheese and add with the spinach and chickpeas to a large bowl
- Mix the honey, oil, lemon juice and raisins in a small bowl
- Add the cumin, salt and pepper to the dressing bowl and mix well
- Drizzle devilishly delicious dressing over the salad
Missing an ingredient? Don't be scared - experiment! Try something new today...
Adapted from Essen & Trinken
Miss anything? Get it on
Disclosure of Material Connection: The products above are linking to Amazon as “affiliate links” because we're affiliates! When you click on a product, it'll take you to its Amazon page where the price stays the same for you and Amazon pays us a small percentage. This helps us continue to provide quality recipes and pay for operating costs.