Delicious Mocha Oatmeal (7 Min, Vegetarian)
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Is your boring coffee the laughing stock of the office? Are your co-workers criticizing your cappuccinos? Mocking your mochas?
Well, no more! Pimp up your coffee with oats – or your oats with coffee.
This simple, high-fuel breakfast takes only minutes to make and cook – or you can prepare it the night before and then not even bother cooking.
Win win. It’s an easy way to combine breakfast and morning coffee in one go…and the fiber will help to keep you feeling full throughout the day. Give it a go!
Health Benefits – Mocha Oatmeal
As well you know, we don’t provide you with any old junk. This tasty breakfast contains nearly 20 grams of protein – so if you really do hit the gym this is a great way to start.
Protein is essential for rebuilding muscles after a workout, and is critical in so many ways throughout the body (its the crucial ingredient in all our vegetarian post-workout meals!).
Processed red meat, while being a high source of protein, can also lead to cardiovascular disease – something we’d like to avoid (Potent Protein). This recipe is a great way to up your protein intake.
It also contains 42% of your fiber GDA. Simply put, that’s a MASSIVE amount.
The average man should be eating a bare minimum of 20 grams per day – and should be aiming for 30 or more – yet the average American only manages 15 grams.
Fiber is incredible – eat enough and you’ll lower your chance of suffering from heart disease, diabetes and diverticular disease, among many others (Fighting Chance Fiber). Why wouldn’t you want to get enough?
- Show your strength – peel then squash the banana.1 banana
- Put the oats, coffee powder, cacao powder, salt, walnuts and banana in a pan on medium heat.½ cup rolled oats, 1 tsp instant coffee, Salt to taste, ½ tsp cacao powder, 1 tbsp walnuts, crumbled
- Add the cup of water.1 cup water
- Let it simmer until it takes on a thick texture.
- Chuck into a bowl, add the milk and honey.½ cup milk of choice, ½ tsp honey
- Or plan ahead and prepare overnight oats. Check the notes.