The Bicep Buster Microwave Baked Potato Recipe
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Talking of protein, this bad boy’s a beast. Filled with your favourite beans, lentils and cottage cheese, the protein levels of this one are off the charts. Embrace the gainzzz.
Getting a baked potato just right is rewarding in itself. It’s surprisingly easy to do and the cooking instructions are included in the recipe card below. For more extensive instructions as well as a load more topping ideas, please see our main microwave baked potato post.
And if you like this, you should also try our German microwave baked potato recipe (click to find out what a German baked potato looks like…)
The Bicep Buster
Time to get those guns on show! This protein-packed baked potato is an absolute protein star – and awesomely tasty to boot! Love it.
- 1 large potato
- ½ can black beans (drained and rinsed; 15oz = 435g)
- ½ cup brown lentils, cooked
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp butter (or vegan margarine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave the large potato for nine minutes. A medium potato needs seven minutes and a small potato needs five minutes. To add extra potatoes allow an extra four minutes for a large potato, three minutes for a medium potato and two minutes for a small potato. This is using a 1000w microwave – adjust for slightly longer or shorter if yours is a higher or lower power. Don't forget to pierce the potatoes with a fork a few times.
- Heat up the beans and lentils.
- When ready, slice a deep groove through the middle of the potato in both directions. Repeat the process diagonally.
- Add optional butter, salt and pepper to the potato.
- Pour the hot beans and lentils over the potato when ready.
- Add the cottage cheese on top.
The Bicep Buster
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Tag @HurryTheFoodUp on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece!