Skanky winter skin? Gappy gums and limp joints? Fear not, Lassi to the rescue! Nope, not the child-mauling, long-haired, smelly dog with abandonment issues but the refreshing, delicious, summery drink packed to the rim with vitamins A, C and dietary fiber – important to good skin, gums, joints and a whole host of other health benefits.
Treat yourself and your skin to this strikingly simple smoothie and get it down your neck in just five minutes!
Health Benefits – Mango Lassi
We taste, test, try and research all of our recipes to ensure maximum deliciousness and health benefits. Below you’ll find the results of hard work, making it easy to see exactly what you’re ingesting.
The full recipe (a whole mango) contains 96% of your GDA for vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for good skin, bones and teeth, and if you’re a sailor then it’ll help to stop scurvy (Harvard).
It’s also high in calcium and vitamin A. If you have a low calcium level, the body absorbs
it from the skeleton to keep the level normal. This is of course detrimental to your bone health (IOM). So, keep that level high and your bones strong! You know you want it.
Vitamin A is important for vision, your immune system and growth. Also, if too little is consumed it can lead to infected eyes and blindness (IOM).
- 1 ripe mango (a soft, ready mango is essential here)
- 300ml or 1¼ cup whole milk yogurt (use non or low-fat if you wanna knock off a few calories)
- 600ml or 2½ cup water (use bottled if your tap water tastes like shit/is poisonous/full of alligators)
- Optional - 1 tbsp brown sugar (use if mango isn't sweet enough)
- Optional - Cardomom powder
- Peel, halve and remove the stones from the mango (it's easy, click here)
- Chuck into a blender with the other ingredients
- Cool in fridge.
IF YOU LIKED THE RECIPE: The Mango Lassi is pretty awesome, but sometimes it's a little tricky to get hold of the mangos. In that case why not trying the Spinach Banana Smoothie or the Kiwi Banana Smoothie with for a change?