Sweet potato, avocado and cashews must have been the holy trinity of vegetarian cuisine in recent years. And rightfully so! You can create many beautiful dishes with these ingredients.
They work perfectly together as you’ll see once you’ve tried our new beauty – this Raunchy Sweet Potato Salad!
We’ve kept things even more simple than usual by getting back to our “maximum six ingredients” approach that you might already know from our last book Breakfast in Six.
Six ingredients is all you need
On top, this Sweet Potato Salad is crazily nutritious. That should seem pretty obvious in a recipe that includes sweet potato, nuts, avocado and tomatoes, though we feel compelled to point it out anyway.
Eating a balanced, well-thought out lunch isn’t always easy – time restrictions, complicated instructions and even a lack of new ideas just get in way.
But don’t blame yourself for something that’s probably not your fault! We’re all busy, whether it’s family, work or a host of other influences. That’s where recipes like the sweet potato salad come in.
So get them prepped, packed and then relax knowing that a nutritious, tasty lunch is waiting for you (and whoever else you decide to cook for!).
Yeeeees, we finally got it published!
Lots of testing, bouncing ideas back and forth and finding ways to keep things simple went into our new eBook Lunch in Six. As you might have guessed this Raunchy Sweet Potato Salad is one of them.
I know we all love to write our own reviews, but we think all of the recipes from Lunch in Six came out marvelously and are ideal for spicing up any lunch life. Have a look and check out Lunch in Six here!
Raunchy Sweet Potato Salad
- Heat up the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes. Toss them in a bowl with ½ tsp salt and some of the olive oil, place them on a tray and put in the oven for about 25 minutes, until they’re soft.
- Mash one half of the avocado, cut the other half into pieces. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Put it all in a bowl and add the lime zest and juice and cashews.
- Season with salt, pepper and a little more olive oil.
- Let the sweet potato cool down a bit and add it to the bowl as well.
- Add the salad and give it a good toss. Ready!