Hellooooo! I need to talk about pancakes one more time.
It’s the 2 Ingredient (!!) Cream Cheese Pancakes I need to shout about; another insanely good find I stumbled upon a couple of weeks ago.
Allow me to jump right in – they’re a brilliant breakfast for anybody who’s on a low-carb diet or just likes a light breakfast – one batch contains just 3g of carbs in a total of 388 calories.
On top of that they’re gluten free too! The food for all diets, it would seem.
You might have noticed we’re often chatting about recipes high in protein. Well, this is another one. There’s around 17g of protein in one serving.
Not quite as much as you’ll find in these Cottage Cheese Pancakes, but still an excellent amount, especially considering these cream cheese pancakes are so very light.
The batter only takes a minute, either get a bowl and a fork and simply mix the eggs and cream cheese together, or chuck it all into a blender.
If you decide to blend: let the batter sit for a minute or two before you add it to the pan so that the bubbles can escape.
If you don’t, your pancake will probably fall apart, and you’ll curse and flame us in the comments. We don’t want that to happen. So, if you blend, let it sit!
Texture! I love the texture of these pancakes! You could call them a cross between tortillas and crepes.
Actually, they’d work perfectly in the stead of a wrap, as they’re very elastic.
Imagine that: instead of store bought, million-additive white wheat tortillas you can now make your favorite burritos with cream cheese pancakes!
Bujaaahh!! That’s what we’re talking about.
Health Benefits – Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes
Cream Cheese already earned it’s fair share of compliments in our previous post, so let’s focus on the other ingredient – eggs.
This recipe doesn’t just help with weight loss because of the low calorie and carb count, but also because eggs make you feel full for longer and so in turn you’re likely to eat less calories overall per day (1, 2).
Here’s the information from a study of 30 overweight women who were given eggs for breakfast instead of bagels.
They reported feeling more satisfied and full, which in turn made them eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours (3).
This small report isn’t exactly unassailable scientific proof, but it’s certainly food for thought.
Luckily the old myth that eggs are bad for your cholesterol is finally and officially debunked.
Even the experts on the committee that develop the US dietary guidelines now say there was “no appreciable relationship” between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol (4).
Good news all round, really.
And what about the taste? Imagine them as a thin, warm cheese cake. Yep, sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
So tell us:
- Do you eat breakfast at home or grab something en route?
- How seriously do you treat breakfast? Would you agree it’s the most important meal of the day?
- Do you have living (!) chickens at home?
- Do you prefer brown or white eggs?
- Where do you buy your eggs?
- When making your usual pancakes – of ten, how many turn out well and how many fall apart?
Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes
- ½ tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/5 cup cream cheese (3/5 cup = 2.5oz)
- Add some butter to a pan and stick it on medium heat.
- Throw the cream cheese and eggs into a bowl and mix with a fork until creamy. If you’re planning to, now is the time to add some extras. But be careful! The batter is quite runny, so I wouldn’t add things like nuts.
- Alternatively you can use a blender, but remember to let the batter sit for a minute or two! It’ll cook better then.
- Off it goes into the pan. I usually make just one big pancake, but two medium-sized ones would also work perfectly fine.
* 1 tsp of cinnamon
* 1 tbsp of protein powder
* 1 tbsp of small coconut flakes
* Vanilla extract Topping ideas:
* Maple syrup
* Cherries, strawberries
* Sugar and lemon juice IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE: Then you definitely need to check out our famous 2 Ingredient Banana Egg Pancakes or the next big thing, our 3 Ingredient Cottage Cheese Pancakes. Both are exceptionally delicious. And if that’s still not enough, check out our MASSIVE roundup of healthy vegan pancakes!
Miss anything? Get it on
Disclosure of Material Connection: The products above are linking to Amazon as “affiliate links” because we're affiliates! When you click on a product, it'll take you to its Amazon page where the price stays the same for you and Amazon pays us a small percentage. This helps us continue to provide quality recipes and pay for operating costs.