Smoked Tofu Breakfast Egg Cups
HurryTheFoodUp is reader-powered. If you click through using links on our site we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
I call these ones High Protein Smoked Tofu Breakfast Egg Cups (in short: HPSTBEC). Ok, the name is clumsy, but I felt all the words needed to be in there. Feel free to suggest a better name in the comments 🙂
So these breakfast egg muffins taste like Tarte Flambee.
And beautifully it does! Not only taste-wise, but also protein-wise. In the recipe I suggest to have four muffins as one serving to really be satisfied.
This means you’d be getting 22 grams of protein, bam! That is really high for a vegetarian breakfast dish!
Try them out, we’re curious to hear how you liked this breakfast egg cup version!
You can find
Or check out this list and see what tantalises your taste buds:
- Italian-Inspired Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Spicy Bell Pepper Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Easy Asian-Style Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Chop the tofu into tiny squares. Chop the leek and dice the onion.1 leek, 6 oz smoked tofu, 2 small onion
- In a mixing bowl whisk the tofu, leek, onion, grated cheese, eggs and salt together.6 eggs, ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated, ½ tsp salt
- Grease the muffin slots with olive oil. Pour the mix evenly into the muffin slots.1 tsp olive oil
- Bake for 20 minutes on 200°C/390°F.
- Breakfast egg muffins are ready!