URRGH. If you’re reading this post then you probably know what a hangover feels like. Mouth like the inside of a boot, the rolling stomach, the banging headache. All you wanna do is pass out again.
Hangovers are obviously caused by excessive drinking, something that tends to happen fairly often over the holiday season. So, we’ve been looking at various different ways of trying to reduce hangovers (without drinking less of course), through the medium of food. Research has thrown up (haha) some interesting ideas.
(Un)surprisingly, everybody has their own methods for a hangover ‘cure’. And they often don’t work.
Health Benefits – Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich
So we tried and tested our very own vegan hangover cure. The banana takes care of the potassium, the peanut butter has salt in it (if it doesn’t, you can always add some) and whole wheat bread contains cysteine. Sorted.
It’s so easy to make that the supreme effort of rolling out of bed is justified by the speed and relative usefulness of the recipe. You can thank us when you’re feeling better.
- 1 banana
- 2 slices of bread
- A bit of peanut butter
- A bit of cinnamon
- Olive oil or coconut oil for the pan
- Are you really looking for directions? Or just being lazy? It’s a sandwich dude.
- But fine:
- Smear the peanut butter on both slices of bread
- Cut the banana into about 8mm thick slices and spread them over just ONE slice of bread
- Sprinkle cinnamon over them
- Place both slices on top of each other
- Add oil to the pan and fry both sides for 2-3 minutes until nice and brown and yummy and tasty and boom! Back to bed.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE: we've got more where that came from! First up is the vegetarian Anti-Hangover Tomato and Spinach Bake, as well as couple of delicious refreshing smoothies - Fruity Mango, Spicy Kiwi and the evergreen Spinach Banana.