Every day at work you’re asked “Are you coming for lunch?” Sure you are, and probably to some restaurant that has a crappy veggie option tucked onto the menu as an afterthought.
And to rub salt in the wound, it was low in protein and isn’t gonna help you rebuild the muscles you smashed in your workout earlier.
Horrible. Depressing. Demotivating even.
Luckily this Avocado Chickpea Salad can be your first step out of that mess. High in protein, fiber and put together in 5 minutes before you go to work. Easy as pie and even tastier.
Who wants to socialize with colleagues at lunch time anyway?
Health Benefits – Avocado Chickpea Salad
From just the one serving you get a great amount of protein and fiber, around 20g of each!
The fiber will make you feel full (1) and the protein will help you stay strong and rebuild those fatigued muscles – perfect.
Avocados are awesome! Here are our two favourite benefits.
Avocado is high in healthy monounsaturated fats quite similar to olive oil. Those fats help to decrease the risk of cancer, heart disease and inflammation (pain and stiffness in joints) (2).
Another truly amazing benefit of those fats is that they can help you to better absorb nutrients from other plant food (vitamin A, D, E, K and antioxidants). Actually antioxidants can be absorbed up to 400% better (3)!
So if you want to supercharge your salad, add an avocado.
Supercharging Avocado Chickpea Salad (5 Min, Vegetarian)
- This is as easy as stealing cookies from a baby (or something like that):
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Cut and dice up the avocado.
- Chop the cilantro/coriander (also the stems, if you like).
- Dice up half an onion.
- Throw everything into a bowl, add the feta cheese, honey and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lunch is ready!
Some more lunch ideas
- Chickpea Spinach Salad (7 Min, Vegetarian)
- High Protein White Bean Salad (10 Min, Vegan)
- Arugula Lentil Salad (12 Min, Vegan)
- Round Up: 18 Veggie High Protein Salads (between 5 and 25 minutes)
[asa2_smart_collection cat_slug=”vegetarian-avocado-chickpea-salad” /]